Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Don't bother me

Galatians 6:17
Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

One of my favourite verses in the Bible in which Paul shook off all the controversies and conflicts in the Galatian Church and summed up his decision to focus on what needed to be focused on and forged ahead in serving God in His kingdom.

A pastor friend of mine resigned from his church recently. He is not the first to do so and will not be the last. My heart still aches as I intercede for my friend and his family. My heart still aches as I think about the plight of the Kingdom work. My heart still aches to see another wounded soldier in God’s battlefield.

What do I say to my many comrades who have served faithfully and wholeheartedly with sincerity in God’s vineyard but only have scars to show for their devotion?

We get discouraged, dismayed and distracted when we are too mindful of criticism and controversies. When we do so, we lose our concentration on Christ and may become too engrossed in issues and relationships that cloud our relationship with God and His calling for us.

To keep from discouragement and dropping off the service roll, this is how we should handle disappointments in ministry:

1. Listen with open heart to feedback/conflicts (be humble)
2. Evaluate the comments in light of Scriptures, (be trustworthy)
3. Accept that certain things must/ cannot change (be truthful )
4. Continue /begin doing what is right (be courageous)
5. Believe that you must do the right thing regardless of consequence (be faithful)
6. Forgive people. (Be loving and let it go)
7. Focus on Christ. (be encouraged and Press on)
Just as Jesus received the honoured scars of crucifixion, we are to be honoured that He counts us worthy to bear His marks of battle scars in service.
Don’t give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment