Friday, April 8, 2011

All things Work for the good - Rom 8:28

After resisting for a week, my body finally caved in, and the fever came last night. I thought it was just spring allergy!

With my husband away, i was left alone juggling home and church (with my two teenage sons)- i finally feel guilt-free lying on my bed and typing this. Spent some time to pray and started looking back my life (just the past few weeks...) and i remember this -

A very wise friend sent me this a while back when i was going through tough times and i want to share this with you -

"Romans 8:28 says “all things work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.” Notice, it says all things. I explain it to the students this way. You all like to eat cake, especially homemade. What if I said, here is some flour, eat it. You would not enjoy it. Vanilla by itself is not pleasant. We don’t eat just a big lump of butter. However, if I mix it all together and make a delicious cake out of it, you all like it. When God says all things He means just that—all things, the good, the bad, the ugly. God is working out His purposes in our lives. Some things are dry and tasteless like flour, some are bitter like vanilla, some are not very nice like a big lump of butter or a couple of raw eggs but together they make a beautiful life if we let God have His way.

God will never allow more in your life than you can handle with Him.

God is more interested in who you are becoming. He will work His will no matter the outcome of the meeting. You already have victory in Christ. Whatever happens accept it as from the Lord. He is there with you. Even if it turns out bad, believe this is God’s plan for you right now. He will lead you out, but first He will lead you through."

I am praying for you. Take courage. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. God will have the glory, at least in your life. That is all you need concern yourself with. The others are responsible for their own actions and reactions. Jesus went through all this and more for you.

Part of this is the fellowship of suffering the Bible talks about in Philippians 3:10. Suffering is never pleasant but it is needful."

Friends (esp my 18 special friends on this blog), as i lay in bed today nursing my cold, i will pray for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment